MATLAB: Configuring Remote Submission
This page contains instructions for submitting jobs to the Ithaca cluster from your desktop.
Note: You will need an account on Ithaca before you are able to submit jobs to the cluster.
Configure Matlab support files for remote submission
- Download the appropriate files for your release of Matlab:
- Close Matlab if it is open.
- Unzip the zip archive and copy the contents to the local toolbox directory. Note: Make sure the contents (*.m files, etc) are directly in the toolbox/local directory and not in a subdirectory therein.
|R2014b, R2014a, R2013b, R2013a, R2012b, R2012a||Zip File|
- Windows: The default local toolbox location is C:\Program Files\MATLAB\(Version Number)\toolbox\local
- Mac OS X: The default local toolbox location is /Applications/MATLAB_(Version Number).app/toolbox/local. In order to view or edit the contents of the application package, open /Applications in a Finder window. Then right-click the application and select "View Package Contents." Then navigate to the appropriate directory.
Create the Matlab parallel profile
Note: In version R2012a, MathWorks replaced the terminology "Configuration" with "Profile". So just be aware that we mean the same thing when we use those two terms.
- Download the Profile Setup Script.
- Open Matlab.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the setup script.
- Run the script (you can simply type parallelProfile at the command line) and follow the instructions.
- If the script completes successfully, your profile should be complete.
Validate the profile
The best way to validate your profile is to simply walk through the step-by-step example for remote MATLAB submission provided here.