ARC is happy to announce the addition of 39 new GPU nodes to the NewRiver cluster. Each of these nodes is equipped with two Intel Xeon E5-2680v4 (Broadwell) 2.4GHz GPU (28 cores/node in all), 512 GB memory, and two NVIDIA P100 GPUs. Each GPU is capable of up to 4.7 TeraFLOPS of double-precision performance, so including CPU and GPU these nodes add over 400 TFLOPS of peak double-precision throughput to ARC’s resources.
- Please restrict work on these nodes to GPU-enabled applications. These nodes represent the majority of ARC’s GPU resources and we have run into GPU resource constraints in the past.
- The P100 nodes are named nr127 through nr165.
- The CPU architecture on these nodes (Broadwell) is newer than on the (Haswell) login nodes, so you should compile your code on the compute nodes for maximum performance.
- We have created two queues for these nodes:
- p100_normal_q for production jobs
- p100_dev_q for code development and testing
- You can start an interactive job on the nodes with this command (change yourallocation to the name of your allocation):
interact -q p100_dev_q -lnodes=1:ppn=28:gpus=2 -A yourallocation
- We have updated the NewRiver example submission script to include information about the P100 nodes, and have also provided a simple example P100 submission script, in the Examples section.
Please let us know if you have questions or run into problems getting started.